tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Stavrinides <>
Subject Tomcat Production Configuration
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 09:16:17 GMT
Hi All

My question concerns optimizing Tomcat.

Our setup is roughly this:
- Dual Quad Core with 8 gigs memory (4 gigs dedicated for Tomcat)
- Single instance of Tomcat6
- Single web application (Java Servlet)
- AJP connector

A little about the application:
The site is relatively low volume, however traffic spikes when our newsletter is sent out.
The application is complex and connects to a large research database serving a number large
pages with reports, charts, data tables etc, which are generated dynamically from live data...
sessions tend to get quite large. My thinking is that I should be supporting in the region
of 200 to 300 sessions as a minimum.

So given this setup, how should I configure the connector with regards to: maxThreads and
any other relevant attributes. I am thinking of about 300 threads? I would be grateful for
your advice.

Thanks for your help,

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: