tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Current thread count monitoring
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 04:49:25 GMT
> From: Amit Bhargava [mailto:amit.bhargava@heraldlogic.com]
> Subject: Re: Current thread count monitoring
>
> My understanding is that 'maxThreads' determines how many
> threads will be created by the Connector to deal with
> requests.

That's the maximum number of threads for the <Connector>; if there are
fewer active requests than that, there will be fewer threads in the
pool.

> After this, 'acceptCount' determines the number of threads
> which will be allowed to wait in queue.

No, it's the number of *requests* that wait in the queue, until one or
more threads become available to process them.

> So is the current queue length that I am looking for
> CurrentThreadCount - maxThreads?

No.  I don't believe there's a means of determining the number of
requests in the queue since the waiting requests are sitting in the
TCP/IP stack, not in Tomcat (I think - I haven't looked at that area of
the code, and it may vary depending on the connector class).

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.