tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Hide Users password when using JMX
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 14:02:34 GMT
> From: Gunnar.Bostrom@tietoenator.com
> [mailto:Gunnar.Bostrom@tietoenator.com]
> Subject: Hide Users password when using JMX
>
> But I don't like that password of Users are revealed.

To quote from the Tomcat doc:

"MemoryRealm is a simple demonstration implementation of the Tomcat 6
Realm interface. It is not designed for production use."

You shouldn't be using the tomcat-users.xml file for any serious work.
Configure a real <Realm> with a real authentication mechanism.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.