tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stephanie Wullbieter" <>
Subject mod_jk keeps connections closed by tomcat in CLOSE_WAIT state
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 08:50:02 GMT

netstat -A inet
on the apache httpd side I see that ajp connections that are closed correctly by tomcat after
<connectionTimeout> ms are not closed by mod_jk allthough the socket_timeout (so named
in mod_jk 1.2.5, now called connection_pool_timeout) is the same time (in s).

these connections stay on mod_jk side in status CLOSE_WAIT with  Recv-Q = 1

Sometimes these connections are replaced by other connections with different dynamic ports
on the sender (mod_jk) side, maybe it's a reuse I do not know - I thought when reusing (pooling)
then the dynamic port has to be the same. Sometimes these connections are not used/replaced
for new requests.

Is that phenomen known?

Looks like these connections are only closed by the firewall after fw timeout.

Used software:
mod_jk 1.2.5 on Debian Woody
Der kann`s mit allen:

To start a new topic, e-mail: