tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stephanie Wullbieter" <swu...@gmx.de>
Subject mod_jk 1.2.5: workers are not balanced in the defined relation
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 13:00:50 GMT
Hello,

with Apache 1.3.26 and mod_jk 1.2.5 (Debian Woody) and two workers on Tomcat 5.5.20 I defined
a load balancing worker:

worker.router.type=lb
worker.router.balanced_workers=worker1,worker2

with both workers like this (they are on different hosts):

worker.worker1.port=8009
worker.worker1.host=hostname{1|2}.domain
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
worker.worker1.lbfactor=5
worker.worker1.socket_keepalive=1
worker.worker1.socket_timeout=30

so the load balancing should be in the relation 5:5 = 1:1

But in fact it's 14:10 (1,4)
The one worker gets 1,4x more requests than the other. The two workers are identically both
hardware and software and webapps.

Is this a known bug within mod_jk or what might I have done false?

Thanks!

P.S. Yes, I know Woody is a little bit out of date...
--
249 Spiele für nur 1 Preis. Die GMX Spieleflatrate schon ab 9,90 Euro.
Neu: Asterix bei den Olympischen Spielen: http://flat.games.gmx.de