tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>
Subject Re: Hot deploy deletes my context file...
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 16:31:55 GMT
On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 05:32:58AM -0700, Michael Burbidge wrote:
> By experimenting from the shell copying files I can see what Tomcat is
> doing. I think that it deletes associated contexts whenever an application
> is undeployed by deleting the .war file.

I think you are right.  This drove me crazy for a while.  Eventually I
began keeping the .war files *out* of /webapps and I haven't seen this
problem for a while.  You'll need to add the docBase attribute to the
Context to point to such an "external" webapp.

Typically when a software vendor says that a product is "intuitive" he
means the exact opposite.