tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bas Schulte <basschu...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuring one webapp in 2 instances, system properties
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 19:04:08 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to deploy my Spring-based webapp twice in the same Tomcat
instance, one for production and one for development.

To configure my webapp, these distinct environments connect to
different database schema using different username/password combo's.

My spring configuration gets this from system properties, like this:

	<bean id="someDataSource"
class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource" destroy-method="close">
		<property name="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
		<property name="url" value="jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/$
{sh.database.schema}"/>
	</bean>

Is there a way to set these properties in server.xml for both
instance of my webapp? I plan on using 2 virtual hosts, something
like blah.com and development.blah.com, each would get it's own set
of system properties.

I already tried using environment entries, like this:

<Context ...>
   <Environment name="sh.database.schema" value="shproduction"
type="java.lang.String" override="false"/>
</Context>

However, these aren't picked up by Spring.

How would I do this?

Regards,

bas.