tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michal Singer <Michal.Sin...@expand.com>
Subject How to add tomcat messages and System.out to log
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 11:20:05 GMT

Hi.
I am using tomcat 6 & log4j configuration.
I can't see the tomcat source files log messages in the log.
and also i can't see the System.out in the log.

I tried using: swallowOutput="true" in the context file
I also configured in the log4j.properties:
log4j.logger.org.apache=DEBUG, FILE
log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina=DEBUG, FILE
log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost]=DEBUG,
FILE
log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina.core=DEBUG, FILE
log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina.session=DEBUG, FILE

But nothing seems to work.

Does any one know how to do this?

Thanks, Michal