tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kimberly Begley" <kimberly.le...@gmail.com>
Subject jsp session values - setting and getting problems
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 02:22:36 GMT
Hi,
I have a jsp form that sets session attributes as such:
session.setAttribute("totals",totals);
    session.setAttribute("failures",failures);
    session.setAttribute("skips",skips);

and then the form directs to the report.jsp page as follows:
<form name="resultreport" action="report.jsp" method=post>

where the values are supposed to be retrieved like this:

String[] totals = (String[])session.getAttribute("totals");
 Vector<String> failures = (Vector<String>)session.getAttribute("failures");
  Vector<String>  skips = (Vector<String>)session.getAttribute("skips");

I have tried using getAttribute, setAtrribute as well as setValue, getValue
--- the setValue, getValue work fine from my local copy but when moved onto
a server with the same linux version and tomcat version (5 that is) it is
returning null values for the 3 variables.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Kimberly