tomcat-users mailing list archives

From s...@twinix.com
Subject Re: The return type is incompatible with JspSourceDependent.getDependants()
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 20:21:51 GMT
See Thread at: http://www.techienuggets.com/Detail?tx=6123 Posted on behalf of a User

This problem is sometimes caused by an older version of the JspSourceDependent class being
in one of your class loaders.  In my case, GWT (google widget toolkit) had this class so that
it could install a tomcat server, and it was causing this problem.  If you are using an IDE,
try looking for the class JspSourceDependent and see if it shows up in any of your jars.
If it does, either edit the contents of the jar to take it out, or take the jar out of your
WEB-INF/lib directory (or manifest files if you are using a classpath ref)