tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject RE: logging catalina.out and localhost-##.log - don't append
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 18:38:33 GMT
On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 13:27 -0500, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
> > From: Robert Koberg [mailto:rob@koberg.com]
> > Subject: logging catalina.out and localhost-##.log - don't append
> >
> > What do you need to do to get tomcat to create a fresh
> > catalina.out and localhost.log file for every restart?
>
> Is this a trick question?  Why don't you just delete everything in the
> logs directory before running Tomcat?

because it is a (minor) pain. I am starting/stopping from a console
with ./bin/startup.sh and ./bin/shutdown.sh - not starting/stopping from
an ant task, so I would be manually deleting each time (and emptying my
trash).

I would like it to be like log4j where it creates the new file from
scratch.

Is there no way to do this?