tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Status and Tomcat Manager links result in 404's
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 18:48:56 GMT
> From: Ryan Steele [mailto:rsteele@archer-group.com]
> Subject: Status and Tomcat Manager links result in 404's
>
> I've got a Tomcat 5.5.25 installation up and running for the
> most part.

Platform?
JRE/JDK version?

Do you have a real Tomcat installed, or a 3rd-party repackaged piece of junk?  If the latter,
download and install a proper one from http://tomcat.apache.org/download-55.cgi.

> I've got what looks like a proper context in
> /usr/share/tomcat5/server/webapps/manager/manager.xml:

That one is just a copy of the real one, left there during packaging of the source.  The <Context>
element for the manager app should be in /usr/share/tomcat5/conf/Catalina/localhost/manager.xml;
if it's not there, you have a bad installation.

> I also tried editing the context to list a path (I set
> it to path="/manager")

Don't ever do that; it's illegal to have a path in a <Context> element unless the <Context>
element is inside server.xml - which it should never be, in this day and age.  Read the doc:

 - Chuck