tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5 Serve HTML Pages direct several hosts
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 03:40:35 GMT
> From: Jim Willeke [mailto:jim@willeke.com]
> Subject: Tomcat 5.5 Serve HTML Pages direct several hosts
>
> When some one goes to the "default" domain, like "default.com"
> We want to show pages for that domain.
> We also have domains like someotherdomain.com along with
> jim.default.com

Configure a <Host> element for each domain, with each <Host> having a unique appBase
setting.  Under each appBase directory, deploy a webapp named ROOT (case sensitive) that is
the default webapp for its domain.  Choose one of the <Host> elements to be the default
for the single <Engine> if access is via IP address.  Read the docs here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/index.html
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/engine.html
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/host.html

 - Chuck