tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Deploy applications using /user/MyServlet as name
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 03:06:05 GMT
> From: Cristian Bullokles [mailto:cristian.bullokles@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Deploy applications using /user/MyServlet as name
>
> Each user could call applications using the browser in that way:
> http://myserver:8080/user1/WebApp1
> http://myserver:8080/user1/WebApp2
> http://myserver:8080/user2/OtherWebApp1
> http://myserver:8080/user2/OtherWebApp2 .
>
> I've deployed one application in my folder using the manager using
> this sentence:

You can't do this with the manager app, since it does not support multi-level URL paths.

What you can do is deploy each webapp in some location *outside* of the appBase directory
configured in your <Host> element, and then create a <Context> element for each
webapp, placing said <Context> element in the file conf/Catalina/[host]/[userName]#[appName].xml.
 Each <Context> element must contain a docBase attribute giving the location of the
associated .war file (or expansion thereof), and must not contain a path attribute.

> I need to declare one context for each application?

Yes; <Context> == webapp.

 - Chuck