tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Save POJO Application Server Definition
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 12:40:24 GMT

The only real POJO Application Server.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lyallex" <lyallex@gmail.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: Save POJO Application Server Definition

> Jeez, give the guy a break, if you don't want to read his posts then
> don't read them. His name appears next to them, it's easy to ignore if
> you want to.
>
> I don't know 'Johnny' personally and I agree he can be a bit ebulliant
> but do we really all want to descend into greyness.
>
> Lyallex

I did use the Tomcat group for leverage, I suppose that is wrong.
I love TC, in fact I'd go as far as saying that if TC did not exist, neither
would Java.
TC as a product really isnt given its fair due, if you look at other "tools"
out there, notice how TC is used, its there, but its always buried in the
product somewhere, a user has to open the source code to realize, its really
all based on TC.
We're a business with a small IT support dept, and what upset me, was that
even when a "customer" makes a tool for TC, it gets buried.

When Harbor first started more than a year ago now, the idea actually
started here in the TC group.
 If you go back, you'll see I was the one who said, hold on, I'll make
another mailing list.
I'm not new here, we just been burning midnight oil for the last year on
what we think is a very cool tool for TC.

Other than this post, the only thing we do is announce new releases of
Harbor here.
I think Harbor is good for TC, and the tool advertises TC. That will upset
those that have a "buried" TC in their products.

But thanks for the support and I dont want to turn this into a nasty
thing... they are right, I used the TC group wrongly...