tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: I dont want my users to see tomcat console. Any advice?
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 03:24:42 GMT

The only real POJO Application Server.
Making the Java dream come true.
----- Original Message -----
From: "ryan webb" <webb.ryan1@gmail.com>
To: "tomcat-help" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 5:01 AM
Subject: I dont want my users to see tomcat console. Any advice?

Ryan... try this

Make a new web app call it ROOT
Then in the JSP page add something like

Drop it into tomcat...

I cant remember the deatails off hand, but because the ROOT that comes with
TC is precompiled, it wont listen to you if you change it directly.
Copy the old root out, just in case you change your mind later.
Also make a note of the URL on the default page, so you can still get at the
admin stuff.

Have fun