tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nuno Manuel Martins <nuno.mmartins_exte...@sonae.com>
Subject RE: status worker
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 13:16:21 GMT
Hi,

I tried before to do as you said and it did not work. I guess this is because when I make
the request the one answering is Apache httpd and not Tomcat, and I don't think httpd has
any clue of what a status worker is.

I tried to simplify it with just these 3 lines:
worker.jkstatus.type=status
worker.jkstatus.host=rh02
worker.jkstatus.port=10002

So that it knows where to find Tomcat but still the same problem as with the other 2 previous
configurations:
        The requested URL /jkmanager was not found on this server.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rainer Jung [mailto:rainer.jung@kippdata.de]
Sent: terça-feira, 1 de Abril de 2008 13:20
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: status worker

Nuno Manuel Martins wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to tomcat in general and I am trying to setup jk_mod (using 1.2.25) and I have
already successfully installed it and put workers serving dynamic content from the tomcat
server with load balancing.

> Now I wanted to setup the status worker to get some statistics. I am using the default
configuration for it but probably something basic is missing:

> worker.properties file:
>
> worker.list=lb1 , lb2 , jkstatus
> [...]
> jkstatus.host=rh02
> jkstatus.port=10001
> jkstatus.username=manager
> jkstatus.password=tomcat
> jkstatus.url=http://${jkstatus.host}:${jkstatus.port}/jkstatus
> jkstatus.testlb=lb1
> jkstatus.testworker=worker42
>
> uriworkermap.properties file:
> /jkmanager=jkstatus
>
> Apache httpd.conf file:
> JkWorkersFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/workers.properties
> JkMountFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/uriworkermap.properties
>
> Include /usr/local/apache2/conf/tomcat-55.conf
> Include /usr/local/apache2/conf/tomcat-50.conf
>
> Apache httpd is on host rh01 and Tomcat server is on host rh02. When I try to access
http://rh01/jkmanager it just says it can't find the document... can someone say what am I
missing? The documentation doesn't provide much troubleshoot :(

> Regards,
> Nuno

Correct your workers.properties

Remove all of the above lines of the form

jkstatus.attribute=value

because none of the attributes you are using makes much sense.

Add:

worker.jkstatus.type=status

to let mod_jk know, when it tries to send a request to the worker with
name jkstatus, that there is not host/port/Tomcat behind it, but instead
it should generate its own status page.

If it works, then you should add an authentication/authorization
mechanism inside httpd to the URL /jkmanager (e.g. a Location directive
and inside a required user/password; this can be done with usual httpd
procedures, nothing mod_jk specific).

Regards,

Rainer