tomcat-users mailing list archives

From DIGLLOYD INC <digllo...@diglloyd.com>
Subject simple way to rewrite simple URL portion
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:53:27 GMT
I'm looking for a very very basic URL-rewriting filter--simple text
substitution.  I suppose I can write my own since the functionality I
need is so limited, but I was hoping there was something built-in in
Tomcat.

For past reasons, I get requests that include the path "bike/free".
Right now those all 404 into /errors/error404.html.  The bike/free
requests will probably stay around for years (hundreds of originating
links), so I want to permanently map "bike/free" to "diglloyd/free" eg:

     http://diglloyd.com/bike/free/...
to:
     http://diglloyd.com/diglloyd/free/...

What's the easiest way to alter any URL containing "bike/free" to read
"diglloyd/free"?

Lloyd

Lloyd Chambers
http://diglloyd.com