tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yuval Perlov <yu...@r-u-on.com>
Subject Re: httpd SSL -> Tomcat VS. Tomcat SSL standalone?
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 18:37:03 GMT
Out tomcat servers are handling around 30K SSL hits every 5 minutes
with very little effort (10% cpu average on a dual core machine, good
response time).
We tried to put in httpd in front thinking we can squeeze out better
performance and memory consumption.
The system just couldn't handle the load and we had to roll back
(quickly) to a tomcat only configuration.

Hope this helps...

Yuval Perlov
www.r-u-on.com