tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andreas" <sardanapalos...@hotmail.com>
Subject Runtime created files not accessible.Please help.
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:21:47 GMT
Hello everyone!

I have developed a jsf(java server faces) web application running on tomcat 6.0 .

Maybe my questions will be a bit naive, but i kindly ask for your help since i am not able
find solution myself.

The problem is this:

My web server needs to create new folders and write files in the folders so that the end user
will b able to download later.
The files I download or I create though, and save in my new folders created at runtime, are
not available for tomcat...
I get HTTP Status 404 , and I am unable to open them at runtime back from the local disk.

So, what should I do to make the newly created folders and files instantly available in Tomcat
without restarting???
And what is the proper place for someone to put his application folder??

Thank you very much for your help...

Andreas, Greece.