tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Fisher <dfis...@jmlafferty.com>
Subject Re: How to get Tomcat to pick up Oracle database connections after database shutdown?
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 22:27:56 GMT
I think you are correct. We manage our Oracle connections ourselves
using classes12 and a ConnectionPool. I have no need to restart tomcat
after an Oracle "bounce". I do restart my Tomcats much more often than
Oracle - every day. It has been almost a year since we restarted Oracle.

It could be that Hibernate is your issue. I know that Tomcat can
manage connections perhaps there is something in that configuration
that will help.

Good luck.

Dave