tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Diedler" <ADied...@tecracer.de>
Subject Tomcat on AMD64 System
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 11:03:32 GMT
Hello @ll,

It is very stupid. I get not ran a Tomcat 6.0.16 Server on a Windows 2003 Standard Edition
x64 Edition with Java 1.5 AMD64 Edition. I found may workarounds (replace the Tomcat5.exe
but I have a Tomcat 6 Version!!, Recompile the Files uhhhh!!!!).

Some points are very unclear:

-          After JRE and JDK Installation the Command java -version doesn´t work. On a "normal"
32 Bit Server then will be shown the Version without manually editing the PATH Variable in
System Settings.

-          The Tomcat Installer doesn´t found automatically the fitted JRE... on all other
Installations I have done on W32 Systems everything was found without manually work.

-          The Tomcat server doesn´t start and in Logfile is a message like "This 32Bit Application
does not ran on 64 Bit"

Has anybody a very clear and easy Step-by-Step Manual to Install Tomcat 6.x on a W2K3 Server
x64?

Greetings

Alexander