tomcat-users mailing list archives

From DIGLLOYD INC <digllo...@diglloyd.com>
Subject Re: simple way to rewrite simple URL portion
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:19:22 GMT
I've got another issue--

I want to place an index.jsp file in certain directories that simply
loads another page eg:
<jsp:forward page="some-other-page.html" />

This works fine for a page in the same directory.  But my site uses
relative links heavily, so if I do this:

<jsp:forward page="../some-other-page.html" />

All that pages relative links don't work, since they seem to be
relative to the originating directory, not the parent directory.

I want to use relative links, I have a huge amount of static content,
so this is a real headache.

Any solution to this?  It seems bizarre that a forward doesn't
reestablish the correct directory.

Lloyd