tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Fisher <dfis...@jmlafferty.com>
Subject Re: simple JSP redirect to another page -- how to deal with relative URLs
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 20:38:13 GMT
Seconded.

DIGLLOYD said the following:

> From what I can find by googling, redirects have a slew of issues of
> their own. But I'm a newbie at this, so I might be misunderstanding.

The only trouble I've had with redirects is when you redirect to a
page which redirects to a page which redirects to a page. Browsers
consider more than a few redirects in a row to be a bad thing and they
stop. My experience taught me (about 7 years ago) that more then 2 was
pushing things.

DIGLLOYD are only replacing a single generation of files, as you do
this "relinking" how many links do you want to "forward" or "redirect"?

Regards,
Dave