tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Philip Wigg" <p...@philipwigg.co.uk>
Subject Re: Why does Tomcat become slow during weekends?
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:17:51 GMT
> We have a website based on embedded Tomcat with Jboss 4.0.2. We noticed that every weekend
the Tomcat becomes sluggish. I mean there are no errors like HTTP404. The website simply hangs.
We theorized that JVM is busy with garbage collection. Is that realistic? Does anyone have
any other suggestions?

What's the load average or CPU busy time of the server? Do you, or
might you expect, to get more website traffic at weekends?

Are there any obvious causes of Tomcat hanging? For example, if you
look inside the Tomcat manager application can you see if you are
running out of free heap space?