tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Srinivasan D" <sreeneva...@gmail.com>
Subject Is jsvc is required for installing / configuring only custom web application
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 21:03:45 GMT
Hi,

My requirement is simple.
I have to install a custom web application, which is running in another
server. Means the old server will be retired soon.
The old / new servers only runs a customized web application. It does not
handle any web services.
So, is that jsvc has to be installed. (Like download and install AutoConf
and GNU Make to compile and install jsvc. Also, please let me know, wht is
'jsvc' and it usage).
I have to just install Apache-tomcat and configure the web application.

So, after installing the apache, would somebody can help me out with the
steps to start the apache.
Also, for just configuring the web application is that 'jsvc' is must and
required.

    cd jsvc-src
    autoconf
   ./configure
    make
    cp jsvc ..
    cd ..

Any early help on this is highly appreciated..!

Regds