tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Prashant Kalkar" <kalkar.prash...@gmail.com>
Subject Redirecting from HTTPS to HTTP (Tomcat 5.5)
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:47:09 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use HTTPs for my login page. After the logging is done the
subsequent pages should use HTTP.

I succeeded in using HTTPs for login page. but after login page the
redirection from HTTPs to HTTP is not happening. All the pages are using
HTTPs.

I configured the security-constraint as CONFIDENTIAL only for the login page
url.

Also while I searched on this issue on net and found a possible problem as
the session created in HTTPS can not be used in HTTP, so the session should
be first created in HTTP.

So I created the session using request.getSession(true) in a filter before
redirecting to the login page. But it still not working.

Please help

Regards,
Prashant