tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Raminder Singh <Raminder_Si...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: unable to locate package in 5.5 source
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 16:27:55 GMT

Mark,

Thanks for your feedback.

Can you please explain:

1) whats the best way to replace or how to use same code functionality which is provided by
tomcat5 package in tomcat 5.0?

2) Which package in tomcat 5.5 maps to tomcat5 package of tomcat 5.0??

3) Are all files from tomcat5 package are distributed to different packages in tomcat5.5?

regards,
Raminder Singh

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 12:35 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: unable to locate package in 5.5 source

Raminder Singh wrote
> We are in process of upgrading from tomcat 5.0 to tomcat 5.5. We build our= tomcat binaries
from main source with some updations.

> During our investigation, we have not been able to find= "org.apache.coyote.tomcat5"
in Tomcat 5.5 source which is present in= package of Tomcat 5.0 under= "jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28-src\jakarta-tomcat-catalina\catalina\src\share\org\apache\coyote\tomcat5".
Infact some package have been restructured.

> Can you suggest how to go for using same package with tomcat 5.5? Any other= package/jars
can be used here??

 From memory that code will now be in org.apache.coyote or org.apache.catalina.connectors

> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/architecture/startup/serverStartup.txt (tomcat
5 startup process), in step b3 its tells abt using= "org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteConnector"
package i.e for Connectors to= listen for incoming requests only. Is this from same tomcat5
package?
That is horribly out of date.

Mark

e-mail system.