tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Remo Liechti" <remo.liec...@swisslog.com>
Subject How to prevent tomcat from restarting after hot code replacement?
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 08:55:16 GMT
Hi guys

I have the problem that always when I start tomcat in debug mode, and
change some java files, tomcat restarts after some seconds after the
code was replaced.
In that very small timeframe between code replacement and restart I can
execute the new code, but tomcat restarts(or re init the context)
anyway.

How can this be turned off? I just want my code to be hot deployed and
not restarting tomcat. If JSP files are hot eployed, tomcat does not
start, so why should it start by java files?

Thanks guys!

Remo

Remo Liechti
Application Developer
Swisslog Warehouse and Distribution Solutions

Direct: +41 (0)62 837 4345
Mobile: +41 (0)76 329 8660
CH Fax: +41 (0)62 837 4197
Internet:
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/LiechtiR/Application%20Data/Micro
soft/Signatures/www.swisslog.com> www.swisslog.com
<http://www.swisslog.com------------------------------------------------
----------------about/>
About Swisslog
Swisslog is a global provider of logistic solutions for warehouses,
distribution centers and hospitals. Swisslog's solutions increase their
customers' flexibility, responsiveness, and quality of service, while
minimizing logistics costs.

This message may contain legally privileged or confidential information and is therefore addressed
to the named persons only. The recipient should inform the sender and delete this message,
if he/she is not named as addressee.
The sender disclaims any and all liability for the integrity and punctuality of this message.
The sender has activated an automatic virus scanning, but does not guarantee the virus free
transmission of this message.