tomcat-users mailing list archives

From DIGLLOYD INC <digllo...@diglloyd.com>
Subject Re: simple JSP redirect to another page -- how to deal with relative URLs
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 20:12:44 GMT
Hassan,

As I said there are other issues.  Making them fixed paths would mean
I couldn't edit them, copy them (for revisions, etc) without having to
fix up numerous pages.  And the uses are not only when routed through
a web server.

Lloyd

On Apr 25, 2008, at 1:08 PM, Hassan Schroeder wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 1:00 PM, DIGLLOYD INC
> <diglloyd1@diglloyd.com> wrote:
>>
>> The problem is that the jsp include directives:
>> - include an html page that is *not* in the same directory as the
>> jsp page;
>
> I've never -- and that's a long time, web-wise :-) -- liked relative
> paths
> for this reason, among others.
>
> If I were you I'd bite the bullet and fix 'em once and for all.
>
> --

Lloyd Chambers
http://diglloyd.com

[Mac OS X 10.5.2 Intel, Tomcat 6.0.16]