tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject hackers sending long URLs to probe site?
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:48:11 GMT
I've have to use a "deny" in a RemoteAddrValve to solve the following

A normal URL for my site might be:
eg /diglloyd/free/Eagles/Eagles.html

(check it out if you want to see some unusual eagle photos)

But I see tons of 404 errors, with someone/thing from
( doing:
... ad nauseum...

Similar illegal variants are sent for all the other URLs on my site.

I also see illegal requests like this from several sites:

Is there a weakness in Tomcat being probed here?
What is the best way to block such things? Ignore them since they just
return 404 error anyway?  Write a filter to insert a long delay for
blatantly wrong requests?

I'm not sure if that represents a single user or an entire
ISP, so I'm loathe to block it entirely.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message