tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Landon Fabbricino" <LFabb...@agrium.com>
Subject Re: TOMCAT CLUSTERING HOWTO
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:17:56 GMT
If I am not mistaken, you will need to add the following tag to your web.xml

CATALINA_HOME/webapps/your_app_name/WEB-INF/web.xml
  <!-- Required for session-replication in clustering mode  -->
  <distributable/>

Landon Fabbricino
IT Applications

Phone: 403.225.7515
Fax: 403.225.7604
lfabbric@agrium.com

>>> karthikn <karthik.nanjangude@xius-bcgi.com> 4/28/2008 11:34:43 PM >>>
Hi

The Following was done for the Clustering  (2 tomcats )

Values 	TOMCAT5523_I 	TOMCAT5523_II

Startup  	8081 	8082
ShutDown 	8007 	8008

APJ  	8009 	8010
TCP Listener 	4001 	4002
tcpListenAddress 	auto 	auto
jvmRoute 	node01 	node02

Delpoyment of a war file on TOMCAT5523_I  displays in console as

 >>  INFO: Starting clustering manager at /DATAGRID
Apr 29, 2008 10:17:59 AM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager getAll
ClusterSessions
WARNING: Manager [/DATAGRID], requesting session state from
org.apache.catalina.
cluster.mcast.McastMember[tcp://10.10.16.63:4002,catalina,10.10.16.63,4002,
aliv
e=17593]. This operation will timeout if no session state has been
received with
in 60 seconds.
Apr 29, 2008 10:18:59 AM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager waitFo
rSendAllSessions
SEVERE: Manager [/DATAGRID]: No session state send at 4/29/08 10:17 AM
received,
 timing out after 60,109 ms.

TOMCAT5523_II displays on console as

 >>INFO: Replication member
added:org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastMember[tcp
://10.10.16.63:4001,catalina,10.10.16.63,4001, alive=16]
Apr 29, 2008 10:17:59 AM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListe
ner messageReceived
SEVERE: Context manager doesn't exist:/DATAGRID

Am i missing something while clustering....

with regards
Karthik

karthikn wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have few Questions which i was not able to get TOMCAT CLUSTERING HOWTO
> and form.
>

> a) Clustering
>
>     1) Do we need to deploy the war files  on each individual Tomcat
>     when joined the clustering.
>       >> "deploy your apps only to one server, and the cluster will
>     distribute  the deployments across the entire cluster".
>
>         This does not seems to work, after following the steps for 2
>     Tomcats (or am i missing some thing in here.)
>
>     2) Is this a must do configuration
>
>          >>" Make sure that all nodes have the same time and sync with
>     NTP service! "
>
>        for the clusters to start functioning.
>

> b) Load balancing
>
>          1) Using  "Using the balancer webapp" , redirects to different
> URL's is done,
>           Can we use the same to redirect to  the clustered TOMCATs to
> do the load
>             balancing  internally based on
>

>       RoundRobinRule,
>       RandomRedirectRule
>

>  Any URL or blog (other then "cluster-howto.html")
>  which explains the clustering /load balancing in simple steps would be
> of wery much help to us.
>

> Prerequisite : TOMCAT 5.5.23 (already in production ,we cannot change
> this version) 2 nos
> JSDK          : 1.6
> O/s            : UNIX 11
>

> with regards
> Karthik

> .

IMPORTANT NOTICE !
This E-Mail transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. Any dissemination, distribution,
copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of this E-Mail by anyone other than the
intended recipient is strictly prohibited and is not intended to, in anyway, waive privilege
or confidentiality. If you have received this E-Mail in error please immediately delete it
and notify sender at the above E-Mail address.
Agrium uses state of the art anti-virus technology on all incoming and outgoing E-Mail. We
encourage and promote the use of safe E-Mail management practices and recommend you check
this, and all other E-Mail and attachments you receive for the presence of viruses. The sender
and Agrium accept no liability for any damage caused by a virus or otherwise by the transmittal
of this E-Mail.