tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: simple JSP redirect to another page -- how to deal with relative URLs
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 20:02:25 GMT
I see the problem.  You could use absolute paths in jsp includes and the
servlet container would understand them as relative to the webapp's root
as opposed to the server's root:

Say you have this file layout

webapp
|    index.jsp
|    article1
|        index.jsp
|        article1.html
|    article2
|        index.jsp
|        article1.html

article2/index.jsp could simply have <jsp:include
file="/article1/article1.html" /> and it would find article1.html in the
article1 folder.

--David