tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: How do I co-exist both tomcat and java in one windows machine?
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:51:32 GMT
The JDKs are no problem -- they just get installed each in their own 
directory. 

The tomcat's can also be installed each in their own directory.  You'll 
have to modify the server.xml of each to make sure there are no 
conflicts in the shutdown ports or any of the connetors. 

I'm going to venture a guess you are really considering these as 
services.  In that case, you'll want to get the .zip download of tomcat 
for installation instead of the .exe installer version.  It includes 
service.bat which you should take a look at for installing each as a 
service.  If you aren't interested in installing them as services, you 
should be able to modify startup.bat  and shutdown.bat in each to use 
the correct jdk.

You'll have to post what web server (IIS or Apache Httpd) you are using 
jk with for info on that.  From the tomcat end, part of making sure 
there aren't any port conflicts is to make sure each tomcat's AJP 
connector is on a different port.  From the IIS or Apache Httpd end, 
it's just a matter of defining each in the jk config and then mounting 
url patterns to go to the appropriate jk connection.

--David

Nix Hanwei wrote:

>Thanks. I'm trying to install tomcat 5.0 and tomcat 6.0 and java 1.4 and java 1.6 in a
box.  How do I define CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME and jk connector for each tomcat?
>
>----- Original Message ----
>From: David Smith <dns4@cornell.edu>
>To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
>Sent: Wednesday, 23 April 2008 5:42:59
>Subject: Re: How do I co-exist both tomcat and java in one windows machine?
>
>Tomcat requires java.  There's never been a problem with them on the 
>same box.  Can you be a  little more specific on what you're asking?
>
>--David
>
>Nix Hanwei wrote:
>  
>
>>Hi Gurus,
>>
>>How do I co-exist both tomcat and java in one windows server?
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>
>>      __________________________________________________________________ 
>>Tired of visiting multiple sites for showtimes? 
>>Yahoo! Movies is all you need
>>http://sg.movies.yahoo.com
>>
>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>>For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>>
>> 
>>    
>>
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>
>
>      __________________________________________________________________ 
>Tired of visiting multiple sites for showtimes? 
>Yahoo! Movies is all you need
>http://sg.movies.yahoo.com
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>
>  
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message