tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@compulsivecreative.com>
Subject Re: Bending Jasper to My Will
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:48:39 GMT
Andy

I've followed this thread with a some interest because it ties up with
some things I've done in the past. I think you are trying to use a
technology in an inappropriate way to solve the wrong problem.

Correct me if I am wrong but you want to have a level of configuration
which is more than just appearance.

You want to:

1. be able to add/remove features from a particular page
2. be able to reorder features

Is that correct?

The next thing which isn't clear to me is at who will choose the feature
set. Is this going to be a runtime thing or a startup configuration
thing? Will your end-users be able to configure things or will it be the
result of specific programming work?

Alan Chaney