tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Bending Jasper to My Will
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2008 08:33:37 GMT
Andy Clark wrote:
> I have been going through the Jasper source code
> to figure out how to make it do what I want but
> have been unsuccessful. So I thought I would ask
> the experts. (Please let me know if there is a
> better forum for this particular question.)
>
> I want Jasper to look for JSP and Tag files in a
> specific location (e.g. based on a request param);
> and then fall back to a default location if the
> file is not found. This would be extremely useful
> for skinning a webapp.

Cascading Style Sheets are an even more useful, practical and easier to
implement solution for skinning a webapp.

Failing that, programmatically customising the HTML output of a common
set of tag files would be easier.

Customising a web app by implementing different sets of tag files seems
like the hardest possible route.

What requirement would make this a necessity?