tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: redirect port 80 to application server
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:48:25 GMT
Seems to me there are two options.

1. Use mod_jk to send everything back to Tomcat.  Httpd just acts as a
middle man passing stuff back and forth.

2. Use mod_rewrite and mod_proxy to setup a reverse proxy, still passing
everything back and forth.  If doing it this way, Tomcat's connector
needs the proxyName and proxyPort attributes defined.

--David