tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: "ROOT" as 'ROOTORIG'
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:04:56 GMT
Just took a quick look at the default ROOT page as it comes with tomcat
6.0.14 and it uses page relative link 'manager/html' instead of a server
relative '/manager/html'.

I'm hazarding a guess this is a very minor cosmetic bug in tomcat as I
can't think of a single reason to use a page relative link.  It's just
worked like that for a long time because almost nobody has ever move the
original ROOT webapp to a different context and continued to use it.

--David