tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat Manager page won't load
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:52:31 GMT
That's a question for your logs.  If the logs don't help, is there a
core dump hanging around indicating the JVM crashed?

--David

Gary Opela (Corporate) wrote:

>Update on this:
>
>I uninstalled tomcat, and remedy (mid-tier), rebooted. Next, I installed tomcat 5.5 from
the apache.org download.

>Tested, and tomcat worked great!
>
>Then, I re-installed remedy (mid-tier/web-tier) and now tomcat stopped working. By stopped
working, I meant my manager page won't load again.

>What would installing a web application do that would break tomcat?
>

>Thanks,
>
>Gary Opela, Jr., RSP
>Remedy Engineer
>Leader Communications, Inc.
>Best Product, Best People, Best PriceTM
>An ISO 9001:2000 Certified, CMMI® Level 3 Rated Company

the conf files, but still no luck.

>I am not using neosmart, I'm using a 3rd party application called Remedy. Remedy had a
workers.properties.minimal file, so I edited the isapie_redirect.properties file to reference
the workers.properties.minimal file instead of the workers.properties file. I also had to
edit some lines to point to the home path of my jvm.dll, which for some reason is:

>C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi Redirector instead of C:\Program
Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat-5.5.17

>I did go in and change everything over to reference C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat-5.5.17,
but it still didn't work.

>I am now going to un-install Tomcat, then re-install it from the download from apache's
site, instead of letting the 3rd party application install it.