tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: %3B in path-info
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:33:04 GMT
Jess Holle schrieb:
> We have some servlets that take rather general path-info's.  When these
> include a /properly escaped /semicolon, invoking getPathInfo() in Tomcat
> results in a truncated path info.
>
> Is this a known bug?
>
> For example, one might have the request
>

> http://myhost/mywebapp/servlet/myservlet*/pathcomp1/pathcomp2/foo%3Bbar*?spaz=bot
>

> The expected result of getPathInfo() is
>
>    /pathcomp1/pathcomp2/foo%3Bbar
>
> The actual result in Tomcat is:
>
>    */pathcomp1/pathcomp2/foo
>    *
>
> Note that the %3B is already converted into a ";" character in the
> results of getRequestURI()...
>
> This certainly would appear to be a bug in /something/.  Or is this a
> bug or misconfiguration in mod_proxy_ajp or some such?

So are you saying, that th request goes through httpd/mod_proxy or
mod_jk? If so, you should first test with direct request, so that we
know, where we have to look for the problem.

With mod_jk there were a couple of encoding changes and the latest
versions without a forwarding JkOption I think decodes the semicolon
before forwarding, because the AJP connector does not decode before
looking for the jsessionid.

Regards,

Rainer