tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat not recompiling new jsp in development mode
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:48:48 GMT
Next time, take a look at the timestamp on the files in
work/catalina/localhost/* and compare them to the timestamp on the
jsps.  I'll bet your transfer client is setting the timestamp on your
jsps and the local machine's time isn't in sync with the remote
server's.  When the remote server compiles the jsp, the timestamp on the
resulting .java and .class files are set to the remote server's system time.

--David