tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: jsvc creates pid file owned by root
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:52:23 GMT
Well ... here's the problem.  jsvc needs that pid file to shutdown
tomcat.  It would be a real PITA if some user or script were to muck
around and damage or delete that file.

Having said that, most *nix systems have a sticky bit ability to force
permissions on newly created files in specific folders.  Or you could
modify your service script to chmod the pid file on startup.

--David