tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.x or 6.x: ROOT limitation removed?
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 09:49:56 GMT
As you've set it up below, your webapp, one2team will be deployed
twice.  Once as ROOT and once as one2team.  If I were in your shoes, I
would create a folder right next to webapps and name it mywebapps or
something.  Name isn't all that important.  Then move the one2team
webapp in that folder and modify your ROOT.xml below, pointing it's
docbase to the new location for one2team.

Anything in webapps will auto-deploy with it's path = the folder name
under webapps as long as your <Host .. > element has it as it's appBase
pointed there.  Also I wouldn't lie about the appBase -- just point it
to a real, empty folder.  In my suggestion above, it's still pointed to
webapps even though there's nothing there.

--David