tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: tomcat cache wierd behaviour
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 19:49:35 GMT
Winscp isn't a command line tool -- it's one of those GUI enabled
transfer tools with the split panels.  Think of something more along the
lines of Explorer or Norton Commander -- the two interfaces styles
available from winscp out of the box.  By default it set's the date/time
of the recently sent file to the client's date/time so it can implement
a synchronize feature.  I changed the settings in mine to prevent this
because my server time would float a little between ntp updates.  Tomcat
wouldn't see the updates until a couple of minutes after I uploaded them.

Issues of times on the remote system being off by an hour are discussed
on the winscp website (as the OP described in his example in the
original post):
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/timestamp

The setting to preserve timestamps on uploads can be changed:
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_copy -- here you can see the checkbox
labeled "Preserve timestamp" in the screenshot, far right side under
'Attributes'.

--David