tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nathan Wilhelmi <wilhe...@ucar.edu>
Subject TC6 classpath problem...
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 21:51:30 GMT
Upgrading from TC5.5 to TC6 and having class path problems. We are
starting it via JSVC, we used to start it up with the following class path:

CLASSPATH=\
$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar:\
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/commons-daemon.jar:\
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/bootstrap.jar

However with TC6, it requires

CLASSPATH=\
$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar:\
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/commons-daemon.jar:\
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/bootstrap.jar:\
$CATALINA_HOME/lib/catalina.jar:$CATALINA_HOME/lib/tomcat-coyote.jar:\
$CATALINA_HOME/lib/servlet-api.jar:$CATALINA_HOME/lib/annotations-api.jar:$CATALINA_HOME/lib/jasper.jar\
:$CATALINA_HOME/lib/jsp-api.jar

just to start up, to get apps to run we have to list the entire contents
of $CATALINA_HOME/lib/ as part of the classpath value, this doesn't seem
right. Am I missing something obvious? Catalina.properties has:
common.loader=${catalina.home}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar which I
thought should bring all the jars into scope....

Thanks!

-Nate