tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <>
Subject Re: disable jsp cache in tomcat work folder
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 12:07:19 GMT
Normally jsps are monitored for updates and recompile if the date on the
jsp is after the date on it's compiled .class file.  If you are having
trouble with jsps not recompiling after an update, one thing to check is
if there is any difference between your system clock and the server's
clock.  If that's the case, the new jsps will eventually compile, just
not till the server catches up with your system clock.

Outside of that, I think you need to have a chat with your server admin
regarding tomcat's config.

loredana loredana wrote:

>Long story short, as everyone know, jsp files are cached in the work folder of tomcat.
If I modify something in the jsp, I can't see the difference unless I delete the files under
work folder. My problem is that I don't have rights/access to delete files under that folder.
Is there any other way I can delete those files or tell tomcat not to cache files anymore?
I tried restarting tocmat after I made a change in the jsp, I still see the old one, I read
about the reload=true suggestion but I don't have any "context" tag in the server.xml. Anyone
can give me any other suggestions on this issue?