tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Woodhead <adr...@last.fm>
Subject Re: how to NOT log "WARNING: Parameters: Invalid chunk ignored." messages
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 09:34:40 GMT
OK, so I got this to work by modifying my JRE's logging.properties file
and adding this line:

org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters.level = SEVERE

(ERROR is a log4j concept, SEVERE is for java logging). When I put this
exact same line just in tomcat's conf/logging.properties file it had no
effect whatsoever. So my question now is, why are the values in tomcat's
logging.properties ignored? It's much more convenient and intuitive to
configure it here rather than modifying it at the JRE level. Is this a bug?