tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Woodhead <adr...@last.fm>
Subject how to NOT log "WARNING: Parameters: Invalid chunk ignored." messages
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 15:24:58 GMT
Hey there,

We have a web-app which receives hundreds of requests per second, many
of the requests coming from 3rd party apps which we have no control
over. Now, it seems like some of these apps are sending us request
strings ending in && which results in a message like this in catalina.out:

WARNING: Parameters: Invalid chunk ignored.

We cannot contact the developers and have them remove the &&'s and our
log is filling up with thousands of these messages every minute. I am
aware that we can safely ignore this but it's a waste of time and space
in our log files and I would like to disable logging this. I tracked
down the class which does it and read up on tomcat logging conf and
tried adding the following line to TOMCAT_HOME/conf/logging.properties:

org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters = ERROR

With no luck. I even tried modifying the JDK's logging properties in
JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/logging.properties to also contain that line. Again,
no luck. We are running tomcat 6.0.16.

How do I do this?

Regards,

Adrian