tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: How can applications be isolated in Tomcat?
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 08:20:58 GMT
Pablo Lopez wrote:
> It appears this could be done through virtual hosting and appbase settings
> but this is way beyond my knowledge and I’m just architecting the solution.
> I know we'll have to get a Tomcat expert in at some point in the future but
> just wondered if I'm going down the right or wrong road here.

The danger with this approach is that all instances share a JVM so there is
scope for interference.

> Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and apologies if I got all
> of the terminology wrong.
I'd use multiple Tomcat instances. There is still scope for resource
conflicts at the machine level but there is far less chance of conflict.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message