tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: status worker
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 15:07:48 GMT
Nuno Manuel Martins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried before to do as you said and it did not work. I guess this is because when I
make the request the one answering is Apache httpd and not Tomcat, and I don't think httpd
has any clue of what a status worker is.

Sure it has. It asks mod_jk and mod_jk knows all about worker statistics
etc. and generates an HTML page.

> I tried to simplify it with just these 3 lines:
> worker.jkstatus.type=status
> worker.jkstatus.host=rh02
> worker.jkstatus.port=10002

host/port not needed (but doesn't harm either)

> So that it knows where to find Tomcat but still the same problem as with the other 2
previous configurations:
>         The requested URL /jkmanager was not found on this server.

Do you have any virtual hosts? If so, you need to put the JkMountFile
into the virtual host, which handles your /jkmanager request.

If it doesn't work at all, set JkLogLevel to debug, restart httpd and
send a single request for /jkmanager. After that, post the contents of
the JkLogFile.

Regards,

Rainer

I have already successfully installed it and put workers serving dynamic content from the
tomcat server with load balancing.

>> Now I wanted to setup the status worker to get some statistics. I am using the default
configuration for it but probably something basic is missing:

>> worker.properties file:
>>
>> worker.list=lb1 , lb2 , jkstatus
>> [...]
>> jkstatus.host=rh02
>> jkstatus.port=10001
>> jkstatus.username=manager
>> jkstatus.password=tomcat
>> jkstatus.url=http://${jkstatus.host}:${jkstatus.port}/jkstatus
>> jkstatus.testlb=lb1
>> jkstatus.testworker=worker42
>>
>> uriworkermap.properties file:
>> /jkmanager=jkstatus
>>
>> Apache httpd.conf file:
>> JkWorkersFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/workers.properties
>> JkMountFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/uriworkermap.properties
>>
>> Include /usr/local/apache2/conf/tomcat-55.conf
>> Include /usr/local/apache2/conf/tomcat-50.conf
>>
>> Apache httpd is on host rh01 and Tomcat server is on host rh02. When I try to access
http://rh01/jkmanager it just says it can't find the document... can someone say what am I
missing? The documentation doesn't provide much troubleshoot :(